Top 10 Benefits of Gymnastics
- Develop coordination
Gymnasts do well with both static and dynamic balance and learn early to fall without injury.
- Develop flexibility
Gymnasts are among the most flexible of all athletes.
- Develop strength and power
Pound for pound, gymnasts are among the strongest of all the Olympic athletes.
- Gain self-esteem, confidence, and a positive “can do” attitude
- Learn fundamentals of movement
- Learn to listen and follow rules and directions
- Social interaction with peers
- Learn to set goals
- Develop skills to enhance other sports
Gymnasts have the opportunity to learn about cooperation, teamwork, sportsmanship, fair play, dedication, perseverance, etc.
- It’s FUN!